Monday, 2 January 2012

Meal Plan Monday

I've seen a lot of Meal Plan Monday blog posts & I think it's a good one for me to get into the habit of doing. I always find that when I plan what I'm going to eat that I eat healthier, spend less money, waste less time etc etc, so I will be taking part.

At the weekend and on days off I will plan for breakfasts, but during the week I always have toast or porridge so I won't bother to write that down.

Monday
Porridge
Beans on toast
Chicken & leek pies (just homemade shortcrust pastry filled with beaten eggs, fried leeks, skinless chicken breast pieces and parsley) with some mash I think.

Tuesday
Cheese wrap (with spring onions, celery and cheddar - absolutely my favourite!)
Toad in the hole with selection of veg

Wednesday
Chicken salad
Lentil & rice casserole (8oz red lentils, 20z rice & 2 pints veg stock simmered for 20 mins, add 1 sliced leek, 3 crushed garlic cloves, can of chopped toms, 1tsp cumin, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 sliced red pepper, 3oz small broccoli florets, 8 baby sweetcorn and 2oz French beans, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 mins, then add basil and serve - yum!)

Thursday
Homemade (probably carrot based) soup
Spicy sausage nachos (dead easy; fry some sausages, chop them up and return to pan, add some salsa, simmer for 2 mins, lay tortilla chips in a baking tray, add half a ball of mozzarella, add the sausage mix and the rest of the cheese, bake for 5 mins)

Friday
Pasta salad
Chilli Con Quorn/Chilli Sans Carne! (healthier and cheaper than meat chilli - fry some onions & garlic in a saucepan, add Quorn/Asda mince and 75ml veg stock, 2 mins later add chopped toms, kidney beans & chilli powder, simmer for 10 mins and serve with rice/jackets/tacos)

Saturday
Poached egg on toast
Homemade thick veg soup
10 Min Thai Takeaway (heat oil in wok, add curry paste, cook for 1 min, add spring onions, pepper, green beans, broccoli, Quorn chicken pieces, stir fry for 2 mins, stir in coconut milk and veg stock, bring to boil then simmer for 5 mins, stir in coriander and serve with rice.)

Sunday
French toast
Always go to my mumma's for a roast on Sundays!

I've worked on my budgets this morning, so I hope to share some of my money-saving ideas with you soon.
Have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment